Tuesday, 24 July 2007

a londres!



14th June - It was sad to leave the boat, but I had one last mission before returning to Avignon. The need to attempt to sort out my ridiculous visa situation sent me to London for two days. I stayed with my lovely friend Madeline in Croydon. It was great timing in fact, because it was her birthday the day after I arrived so we went on a mad adventure around London, after spending most of the morning rushing between embassies. If anyone understands the following answering machine message, please let me know: 'Welcome to the French Consulate Service of London. You will need to make an appointment before visiting our office. Our offices are open each weekday from 9:30 - 11:30am. You will need to call the appointments line on the same day that you require an appointment. The appointments line is open each week day from 1:30 - 3:30pm. Thankyou for calling the French Consulate Service of London.' Now, that should worry me, but 8 months in France has taught me not to even think twice about how ridiculous their attempt at orginisation is. French bureaucracy is madness. Really. Anyway, I had a brilliant time in London despite getting absolutely no help whatsoever with my visa. But how could I not have a good time in London? So, been to Croydon now - all that's left to make my grand tour of England complete is Gypsie Bridge!











No comments: